The Athens system is administered by a network of over 700 library and information professionals. Every trust has an Athens administrator who looks after all Athens accounts for that trust. Regional administrators oversee the accounts in their region, and the national administrator, who is based at NHS Evidence, oversees all accounts in the NHS in England.
If you have a question about your Athens account please contact your local health library. If you have a question about eligibility, please contact the national Athens administrator, via our enquiry team, or your regional administrator.
To email your regional administrator, click on the relevant region in the list below.
- East of England (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk)
- East Midlands (Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland)
- North East (Durham, Tees Valley, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear)
- North West (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, Wirral)
- Thames Valley and Wessex (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire,Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Dorset and Salisbury)
- South East (Kent, Surrey, Sussex)
- South West (Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire except Salisbury )
- West Midlands (Birmingham & Black Country, Coventry, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire)
- Yorkshire and the Humber (Humber - including north Lincolnshire and the Ridings, Yorkshire)